How to Get FB/IG Verified As a DJ For Free
The past few days we have seen an influx of blue check marked profiles, especially among DJs. This is due to Facebook’s new Meta Verified subscription, which provides verified badges and other benefits to subscribers. While there is also a free process to get verified, the Meta Verified subscription offers some advantages.
Meta Verified: Blue Check vs. Free Verification
Meta Verified is a subscription bundle for creators on Instagram and Facebook that includes a verified badge, account impersonation protection, exclusive stickers, and access to human support agents. The subscription costs ₱420 per month when purchased on the web, or ₱499 per month when purchased in the app.
There are two ways to get a verified badge on Facebook and Instagram: through the free process, or through the Meta Verified subscription. The free process is available to accounts that meet certain criteria, such as having a large following, being a public figure, or being a notable brand or organization. The criteria for verification vary depending on the platform.
As a DJ or an MC that works in the entertainment or nightlife industry, getting verified, getting that blue check will significantly boost your visibility and credibility. This can impact getting gigs or more.
Here are some of the benefits of getting verified as a DJ or MC:
- Increased visibility: A verified badge makes your account more visible in search results and on other parts of the platform. This can help you reach more people and get more bookings.
- Increased credibility: A verified badge shows that you are who you say you are and that your account is authentic. This can help build trust with potential clients and fans.
- Account protection: Meta Verified subscribers receive proactive account protection against impersonation. This means that Meta will take steps to prevent other people from creating fake accounts that look like yours.
- Exclusive features: Meta Verified subscribers have access to exclusive features, such as exclusive stickers and access to human support agents.
If you are a DJ or MC who is serious about your career, then getting verified is a worthwhile investment. It can help you increase your visibility, credibility, and reach.
What’s the difference between Meta Verified and free verification?
The main difference between Meta Verified and free verification is that Meta Verified includes a number of additional benefits, such as:
- Account impersonation protection: Meta Verified subscribers receive proactive account protection against impersonation, which means that Meta will take steps to prevent other people from creating fake accounts that look like theirs.
- Exclusive stickers: Meta Verified subscribers can use exclusive stickers on their Instagram Stories and Facebook Reels.
- Access to human support agents: Meta Verified subscribers have access to human support agents who can help them with their account issues.
- Declaring your full name: Meta Verified subscribers must declare their full name, which is used to verify their identity. With the free process, you can keep your artist name as a DJ.
- Cost: The Meta Verified subscription costs ₱420 per month when purchased on the web, or ₱499 per month when purchased in the app.
- Full name: Meta Verified subscribers must declare their full name, which is used to verify their identity. This means that your full name will be visible to everyone on Facebook and Instagram.
- Not available for business pages: Meta Verified is not available for business pages (Collectives, Events, DJ Groups etc.) at this time. However, you can submit a request for verification through the free process.
How to get verified for free:
- Meet the criteria: To be eligible for free verification, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your account must be public.
- Your account must have a large following.
- You must be a notable artist or creative professional.
- You must provide proof of your identity and your artistic credentials.
- Submit a request: Once you meet the criteria, you can submit a request for verification through Facebook’s Help Center. The approval process can take several weeks.
Is Meta Verified worth it?
Whether or not Meta Verified is worth it depends on your individual needs and goals. If you’re a DJ who wants to protect your account from impersonation, get exclusive stickers, and have access to human support agents, then Meta Verified may be a good option for you. However, if you don’t need these benefits, then you may be better off getting a verified badge through the free process.
Which process should you choose?
The best way to get a verified badge on Facebook and Instagram depends on what you need and want. If you want to get verified for free and keep your artist name, then the free process may be a good option for you. However, if you want the additional benefits that come with Meta Verified, such as account impersonation protection and exclusive stickers, then the subscription may be a better choice. However, you must use your full name with Meta Verified.
Ultimately, the decision of whether to get Meta Verified or not is up to you. Weigh the pros and cons of each option and decide what’s best for you.
Check your eligibility here: https://www.facebook.com/help/1288173394636262
I hope this is helpful!